Friday, October 7, 2011

One week to go - Tuesday October 5


Hello Everyone!
I can't believe how fast the time has passed since arriving here on the 22nd! I fly out to the field next monday at 5am!
I don't know where to begin, so much has been happening... The MTC has been an amazing experience so far! My favorite part is either the class time (my instructors are SO great) or time in the TRC. The TRC is set up like an apartment complex where you can go teach "investigators" who are either employees or volunteering students. Yesterday, my companion and I met with a man named Robert. We met with him last week and taught him the first lesson. We invited him to read, pray, and attend general conference with his LDS neighbors. When we followed up with him on his commitments he said he had done everything we asked him and felt really good about all of it. He even watched a full day of conference! He had lots of questions about prophets and the Holy Ghost so we spent most of the time explaining all of what he had heard. At the end we taught him about God's purpose and plan for us and read some of the Book of Mormon with him. We then asked him to be baptized and he said, "Yes!" He is very excited to continue with the lessons and he's coming to Sacrament meeting with us this Sunday! We have had five of these "investigators" agree to be baptized now! I really enjoy being able to help progressing investigators because you can see how the Gospel is impacting their lives [their character's lives] for the better.
In my district we have elders going to Tacoma and the Elders going to Independence, Missouri. We have been having a Zion vs. Tacoma tournament the past week. We won the pull-up contest and yesterday was the first of three rounds in basketball to determine the winner. Unfortunatly, we lost the round by one point, but we still have tomorrow (since today is P-Day) to redeem ourselves!
I have been sleeping so well! haha We are so busy throughout the entire day the by the time I finish my evening prayers I am EXHAUSTED and have to force myself to get into the covers instead of just falling asleep ontop of the sheets. I thought Dad was a loud snorer, but my companion snores like a freight train. Luckily, I'm normally too tired to care. haha As tired as I am at night, it's SO worth it. I am LOVING the MTC and am even more excited to enter the field and teach real people!
My thirty minute timer is about to run out.. I ran out of time and wasn't able to send the email last week so I better wrap up.
THANK YOU to those of you who have sent letters, care packages, postcards, watermelons (yea, Chelsie mailed me a whole watermelon. It was still cold when it got here. It was DELICIOUS!), and your short reminders of your love. They mean SO much to me! Although I can't write everyone back, your kindness does not go unappreciated! I love you all and am keeping you in my my prayers!
Love,
Elder Tyler Vale Alden
P.S. Mom.. did you get my letter last week? I'll send one today. Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment